The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Order, Billing and Account Data – This is data explicitly provided by you and is used to fulfil sales orders.
- User generated content such as product reviews – This is data explicitly provided by you, it is displayed on our website where you have published it.
- Usage data – This is data collected when you use our website. It could contain your IP address, location, device type, operating system and web browser. We may also collect data relating to the pages you visit, the length of time you browse our site and when and how frequently you visit.
- Communication data – This is data contained within communications that you have initiated with us. We will use this data to respond to the communication and conclude the enquiry. An example of such a communication could be a complaint that you have lodged via email.
- Marketing data – This data is collected when you sign up to be contacted by us for marketing. We will use this data to contact you in accordance with the marketing preferences that you have agreed to.
- Aggregated data – We might use some of your personal data to understand customer trends and provide a richer customer experience or an improved product offering. Whilst this aggregated data might be derived from your personal data you will not be identifiable from it.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- You’ve placed a sales order with us.
- You’ve created an account with us to receive updates and marketing material.
- You’ve created a product review on our website.
- You’ve corresponded with us.
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- From Google Analytics when you browse our website.
- From HotJar when you browse our website.
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- Fulfil orders that you have placed.
- To respond to correspondence that you have initiated.
- Communicate with you in accordance with the marketing preferences you have agreed to.
- To share reviews of our products that you have published.
- To understand trends in customer behaviour.
We may share this information with:
- Our couriers in order to fulfil your sales order.
- Our payments providers in order to complete the billing of sales orders.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting [email protected]
(b) We have a contractual obligation.
(c) We have a legal obligation.
(d) We have a legitimate interest
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored in the UK, European Economic Area and the United States of America.
By convention we keep personal data for a maximum period of 7 years. We will then dispose your information either by securely deleting the records from our systems or anonymising the data to remove all elements that make it personally identifiable.
If you remain an active customer we may decide to retain personal information for longer than 7 years in order to continue to provide you with an optimal customer experience.
We may be legally required to retain personal information for longer than 7 years and reserve the right to do this.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at [email protected] if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at [email protected] can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk